Sunday, April 17, 2011

Come Lord Jesus, Come

I've grown tired of it. I am tired of people who I went to high school with dying....I am tired of hearing story after story of people either taking their own life or people throwing their life away and going to prison forever at the age of 21. I've grown tired of it. I can't keep it in anymore. I want hope, I want that feeling in my stomach knowing that everyone is happy and glad to be alive, but I would by lying to you if I said that was true.

I have been away from Topeka for about 4 years now. I keep in contact with a select few and others seem to slip through the cracks. I don't blame them, and I don't blame myself. It's growing up, right? But after hearing more news tonight about someone I went to high school with, I hit that familiar drop. I want to help. I want to be there for the families that feel that aftershock days, weeks, and years after. I wish I could be there for the person in their most desperate hour...or the day leading up to their life ending/altering choice.

But truth be told.....I can't do anything about it.

I do know of someone who can help. Someone who beat sin. Someone who beat death. It's almost Easter, so you don't have to read a sermon on here. Just please know that.....please know...that God is bigger.

Come Lord Jesus. Please Come.

No comments: